A thorough assessment of your land can show you any number of things. Whether you need to avoid future legal disputes, plan out a construction project, or get a land title or loan, a land survey in Atlantique provides the data you need.
Read more about surveying in New York and what type of evaluation you can get. To learn specific information about your situation and to get a free estimate from a professional, you can talk to an expert from Scalice Land Surveying, P.C. Our surveyors are on call to discuss your needs.
Types of Land Surveys in Atlantique
Not every land survey is the same. In fact, depending on your situation and what you need an assessment for, there may be a type of survey that is especially suited for you. Certain surveys give basic information, others give very in-depth information, and there are some that give data that is only available via that particular kind of evaluation.
The types of land surveys that you can order in Atlantique include:
- Boundary surveys: These are among the simplest surveys. Useful for new projects or small sales, boundary surveys show you your property’s boundary lines and possible disputes with neighboring properties.
- ALTA/NSPS land title surveys: These are among the most in-depth surveys. Held to rigorous standards set by the American Land Title Association (ALTA) and the National Society of Professional Surveyors (NSPS), these show boundary lines, utilities, improvements, easements, and other optional details.
- Topographic surveys: These evaluate elevation and contour lines for landscaping or construction projects.
- Subdivision surveys: Often used for zoning purposes, subdivision surveys divide your land into smaller parcels.
- Site plans: A surveyor can draw up a site plan for you so that you can plan out construction on your property.
- FEMA elevation certificates: If you’re buying flood insurance, a FEMA elevation certificate, which shows flood-prone parts of your land and structures, may be necessary.
Often, if there is another party involved in your sale or project that is requesting a survey, they have a certain type in mind. If not, or if you have questions about what kind of survey you need, you can talk to a professional Atlantique land surveyor from our company for free.
How Long Is a Survey Good for in New York?
There is no real expiration date on New York land surveys. As long as nothing has changed on your land, technically, your survey is usable. However, things do change, both on your property and in the standards of land surveyors. Because of that, it’s usually advisable to update your survey if it is more than five to ten years old.
That being said, surveys are only good as long as you have access to them. New York law requires land surveyors to keep surveys on hand for at least six years, but often companies keep records for longer than that. If you can’t access your old survey, it may be time to get a new one.
Does New York Require a Survey?
In certain circumstances, yes, the state of New York does require a survey. If you’re putting on an expansion to your property, legally, you will need a survey before doing so. It’s always best to check with your local county clerk or someone else who will know if you specifically need a survey for your project.
Even when the state doesn’t require a survey, another party might. Often, insurers, buyers, mortgage companies, or land title companies will require that you get a new land survey before your sale or other transaction. If that is the case, they may be the one that pays for it.
There are other circumstances in which a land survey in Atlantique isn’t technically required, but it’s highly advisable to get one. This can include building smaller improvements on your land or buying vacant land. If you’re not sure whether an assessment would be worth it or what it can show you, a land surveyor from our company can talk to you about it for free.
How Much an Atlantique Land Survey Could Cost You
Even though surveys can be relatively easy to order, there is no set price tag on one like there might be for other services. Instead, the cost of your survey will depend on your situation and your needs. If your land is large, if there are difficulties on your property, or if your survey is particularly hard, it could affect the price.
The most reliable way to find out how much a land survey in Atlantique costs is to get a free estimate from a professional surveyor. By talking to you about why you need a survey and what your property is like, we can tell you what you might expect to pay.
Talk to a Land Surveyor in Atlantique for Free
Surveyors don’t just have to be dependable and honest—they also have to be well-educated and licensed by the state. The Atlantique land surveyors at Scalice, P.C., meet all those requirements. You can talk to one of them for free about your next assessment.
Call us or contact us online for a free quote on your next survey. We serve areas throughout Fire Island Pines and New York.